Preventive Dental Care
You deserve a bright, healthy smile.
We help you keep it that way.
The best kind of visit to the dentist is one where you leave with an easy smile. At Vial Family Dentistry, we focus our preventive dental care on keeping your smile healthy and preventing all types of oral disease. We aim to help you keep your smile comfortable, healthy, and forever!
Preventive Dental Services
We check your teeth to assess your current condition from every angle. Oral disease can’t hide from us!
Cleaning & Treatments
From simple cleaning to fluoride treatments, sealants, and more, we help you maintain a healthy smile.
We get the most precise picture of your dental health with quick x-rays of your teeth to help build a preventive care plan.
We’re Your Partner in Dental Health
The key to preventive dental care is preventing oral disease before it starts. We take extra time to ensure that you understand your current state and how to maintain or improve your healthy smile. Our team is eager to answer your questions, explain your options, and ensure you have the necessary information. We care about your smile just as much as you do!
Our partnership with you around dental health begins now. Although preventive care visits are common, we want you to understand what to expect. In our office, we also take the time to explain the procedures we perform, our recommendations, and the answers to your questions.
Have more questions?
What To Expect for Preventive Dental Care
During a visit with our expert team, you can expect several familiar elements of the exam:
- Comprehensive Oral Examination – we check all parts of your teeth and mouth for signs of health or possible disease. We’ll look for cavities, unusual tooth wear, alignment issues, and gum disease. Our team also evaluates for TMJ and screens you for signs of oral cancer.
- Easy Radiographic Evaluation – using digital x-rays, we thoroughly examine your teeth and surrounding structures.
- Discuss Findings – We share all of our findings from the examination and discuss any treatment options needed to maintain or improve your oral health. At this time we will discuss all risks, benefits, and alternatives to your dental treatment.
- Patient Education – We’ll take some time to educate you in areas we think need improvement or attention. Your overall oral health happens more at home than in our office, so we’re eager to share knowledge that helps.
- Dental Cleaning – our expert hygienists use special tools to carefully clean your teeth, irrigate your gums to flush out bacteria, and remove plaque and tartar buildup. This will help prevent cavities and gum disease from getting worse.
While most of our preventive visits are simple and routine, occasionally we recommend additional services during your visit. Before proceeding, you’ll have all the information you need for your unique situation. These often take just a few more minutes before you’re on your way.
- Fluoride treatment – we use a professional strength fluoride varnish to help strengthen enamel and root surfaces. This prevents the formation of cavities. We advise no eating or drinking for 30 minutes after application.
- Sealant – using a thin coat of resin material, our team applies the sealant to the deep grooves and pits of healthy teeth to protect against 80% of cavities for two years.
The Family Practice Difference
A routine, preventive dental visit may be the most common kind, but at Vial Family Dentistry, it is our goal to stand out among the rest. You want an enjoyable and comfortable dental experience — and we want you to feel cared for throughout the process. We’re here to listen, get to know you, and answer your questions to ease any concerns to serve you better. We’re proud to offer high-quality dental care and be the family dentists you can trust.
How to Keep Your Smile Healthy
The time between visits is critical and your home care routine plays a vital role in your dental health. We’ve collected a few recommendations to help keep your visits easygoing and comfortable.
When Should I Schedule an Appointment at Vial Family Dentistry?
- Immediately when you feel pain or discomfort or have a damaged tooth or gum disease. Call us now if you’re experiencing one of these urgent issues!
- For non-urgent visits and checkups, we recommend a visit every six months for a professional examination and cleaning appointment.
How Do I Maintain My Smile?
What Are The Costs of Preventive Care Visits?
- Generally, most dental insurance plans cover routine, preventive care visits. Your insurance policy will outline its limitations and non-covered services. If you’re unsure about what your policy may cover, call us now with questions so we can get you the information you need.
- Without insurance, we have competitive rates for our preventive care services. We also offer an in-house membership dental plan which makes preventive care very affordable and even gives you a discount on any dental treatment needed.
- To help you plan your finances, we accept all major credit cards in our office. We also can guide you on financing options such as CareCredit.